Dear Home customers
We’re so glad to be reopening from Wednesday 2 September. We have missed you all very much!
Here is some information about how we are making sure we are COVID-19 secure and also how you can help too:
- Increased cleaning schedule which includes regular cleaning of key areas such as door handles, other areas that are touched regularly and our toilets.
- Our staff and volunteers will wash and sanitise their hands regularly
All staff and volunteers will be offered face masks and protective visors to wear voluntarily
- Customers are very welcome to bring their own toys and books for their children to use at the cafe. All our toys and games will be in storage for the time-being.
- We would encourage non cash payments wherever possible but recognise that this is not possible for some, so our till staff will wear gloves and we will also be using these in our serving area.
- All our serving items are washed in a high temperature commercial dish washer. However, on request customers can ask for a disposable mug (recyclable) for hot drinks.
- We are no longer providing cold water in a central location but customers can ask for this and we will provide it from the kitchen.
We would also ask that customers leave their cups and plates etc at their table once they have finished their drinks, snacks and meals. Our volunteers will collect these from the tables.
- We will always have a good supply of soap and paper towels in our toilet area, so please keep washing your hands!
Safety ALWAYS comes first for both our customers, staff and volunteers. We want to continue to offer a safe space for our community so they can get through this together! We will review government guidelines regularly and make any changes in order to keep out customers and team members safe.
If you have any questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Cafe Manager, Michael Pollard on 07821 922226
Thanks for staying local and supporting our community café.