These delicious scones, served straight from the oven with butter and jam or cream and jam are a favourite with our regulars at Home café. Why not try them at home!
- 75g butter
- 350g self-raising flour
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 30g caster sugar
- 75g sultanas
- 5 fluid ounces of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200 c fan oven. Electric 220 c.
- Add the flour, butter and baking to a baking bowl and rub together until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sultanas and sugar to the mix and stir.
- Beat the eggs and milk and work into the mix making a soft dough
- Sprinkle your worktop with flour and roll out the dough mixture to 2.5cm thick.
- Using a scone cutter you should get about 12 scones from this mix.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray or a lightly greased tray.
- Lightly brush each scone with milk and bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve with jam and butter or jam and cream.