Total cooking time 30 – 40 mins.
Tastes even better next day
- Medium sized onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Fresh ginger (thumbnail size)
- Moroccan seasoning (available in most supermarkets)
- Butternut squash
- Red and Yellow Pepper
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- One stalk of Celery (optional)
- One tin of chopped tomatoesHandful of cooked prunes
- Juice of one lemon
- Tablespoon honey
- Coriander to garnish
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and grate the ginger. Sauté and then add a level tablespoon of the Moroccan seasoning.
- Meanwhile the aubergine into thick slices , roast until soft and set to one side.
- Chop the butternut squash into chunks, cut the peppers into chunks along with the potatoes. Sauté with the onion etc. for another 5 minutes, add a tablespoon of tomato puree. Pour in the tin of chopped tomatoes and a handful of prunes. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. If you feel that you need some more liquid add a small cupful of vegetable stock.
- Cook (simmer) and when the vegetables begin to soften add a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of cinnamon cook until vegetables are tender. Add the aubergine.
- When ready finally add a handful of coriander leaves serve with Cous cous.